The Algarve has many Activities to offer families and children from Sea life Shows at Zoomarine to waterparks, examples are Slide & Splash, Aqualand, Karting at the Algarve Motor Park near Portimao.
Based on the theme ‘The Life of the Oceans’, Zoomarine at present occupies over 8 hectares, where, with a single ticket, the visitor has access to an area of leisure, entertainment and education. Zoomarine is located in the heart of the Algarve, in the borough of Guia, 10Km from Albufeira, next to the EN. 125 road.
The Entertainment Water Park Slide & Splash was inaugurated on 10 June, 1986. It currently occupies an area of 16,000acres and is considered the biggest of its kind in the country and also one of the biggest and best in Europe.
Designed to be one of the best and most modern circuits in Europe, the Autodromo Internacional do Algarve will benefit from the best conditions of safety and comfort both for drivers and the public. Find out more about the concept underlying its design and the 64 different possible layouts of the circuit, including those that have already been approved by the FIA for Formula 1 and by the FIM for Superbikes.
There is a range of kart racing packages and experiences at this fabulous, state of the art professional karting circuit at the Autodromo do Algarve. Featuring a 2km racetrack in a variety of configurations, electronic timing systems, bar, cafe and rooftop viewing gallery, there really is something for everyone here.
It offers a fun packed event for all ages, be it a 15 minute trial session to a full-blown racing event for groups, comprising practice time, qualifying and marshalled race with a champagne podium presentation for the winners.
All the karting activities can be combined with other services at the racetrack – hospitality, catering, drive experiences, VIP taxi experience and guided tours of the main racetrack facilities to turn your experience into an unforgettable event for your friends, families and colleagues.
Current prices for basic karting start at approx. Euro 15 for a child / Euro 17 for an adult for 15 minutes on track.
The Off-Road Park opened in June 2011 and was created to further complement the existing infrastructure of the Algarve Motor Park (AMP). The opening of this off-road track allows the AMP to bring together all types of motor racing and motorcycling: speed, off-road and rallies.
This track can be used for testing off-road vehicles, such as cars and motorbikes, SUVs and rally cars, as well as for staging events and tours. The track has various special features including water splash areas, man-made areas with obstacles, various different layouts, and so on. It also includes an Enduro cross-country track for motorbikes. The aim of this facility is to offer teams, manufacturers, etc. the opportunity to test all types of materials in a unique location.
The AMP combines a whole host of facilities that complement each other: race track, Kartódromo Internacional do Algarve, technology park
The Kartodromo is open daily from 10.00am to 18.30pm.
End Jul Early August -Medieval Festival In Silves
Medieval Festival. Silves is the perfect setting for this festival. All the narrow, cobbled streets leading up to the castle become a medieval market place; trestle tables and hay bales are laid out next to the barbecues and spit roasts in the “dining” area and strolling musicians and jugglers entertain!
Other key dates;
April 25th – Liberation Day National holiday – Albufeira celebrates in style with sporting and musical entertainment during the day and fireworks at night.
• May 1st- Paderne celebrates Labour Day national holiday with a variety of entertainment and plenty of kiosks to keep you refreshed!
• June – Summer events programme starts, offering music, entertainment, parties, concerts and much more until Septmber!
• July and August Albufeira hosts lots of sports events on the beaches.
• July – Festa do Frango no Churrasco – for 3 days the tempting aromas of barbecued chicken will fill the air in this festival dedicated to the delicacy!
• July – the Feira de Artesanato de Albufeira takes place – displays and sales of traditional crafts of the region takes place over 9 days. There will also be music and various artists each day.
• August sees the Festa de Nossa Senhora da Guia in Guia – Mass followed by a procession and various entertainment in the evening.
• August the Sardine Festival takes place in Olhos de Água over 4 days- the barbecues will be busy! • August in Olhos de Água – there is a folclore festival to enjoy.
• August 14th is the Festa da Nossa Senhora da Orada (the festival of Our Lady of the Oracle) – the patron saint of Albufeira fishermen. Mass at Igreja Matriz is followed by a procession to Praia dos pescadores and back to the church. There will also be entertainment in Largo Enginheiro Duarte Pacheco(in the centre of town) and fireworks.
• August 20th is Albufeira municipal holiday and the town celebrates with sports events and entertainment in the day and fireworks in the evening. • September 3rd is the Festa do Beato Vicente – at the main church in Albufeira – The festival of the ‘beatified Vicente’ – Vicente de Santo António was born in Albufeira in 1590 and beatified by Pope Pius IX in 1867 after going as a missionary to Japan and being burnt at the stake for his religion in 1632. His statue stands in Largo Jacinto d´Ayet. There is a Solemn Mass followed by a procession from Igreja de Matriz. Later in the evening there are more celebrations followed by fireworks.
• September 27th is World Tourism Day and Albufeira offers plenty to entertain the tourists with various shows throughout the day.
• September – the fisherman festival (Festa do pescador) is celebrated at Praia dos Pescadores, along with the folclore festival. The event lasts for 2 days.
• September- during a week in September the Gastronomy festival takes place, where various participating restaurants will be cooking dishes to show the gastronomy of the region.
• September is Jazz Festival time in Albufeira
• October -the 1st Sunday in October is the Festa de Nossa Senhora da Esperan & ccedil;a – the patron saint of Paderne. Mass, followed by a procession through the main streets of Paderne.
• October 8th is the Feira da Guia – traditional fair selling clothes, jewellry, trinkets, porcelain etc. in Guia.